The Oregon State Conference of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP Oregon) is the state-level organization of the AAUP. The Conference’s mission is to advance the collective interests of affiliated AAUP Collective Bargaining and Advocacy chapters, the principles and practices of the American Association of University Professors (AAUP), and the overall interests of higher education faculty in Oregon through the promotion of excellence in higher education as an investment in Oregon’s future.
The objectives of AAUP Oregon are as follows:
- Support the development of member chapters through member and leader training, consultation, and internal organizing.
- Support collective bargaining in affiliated chapters and collaborate when appropriate. Assist advocacy chapters in their pursuit of collective bargaining, if requested.
- Promote AAUP principles, policies, and best practices in colleges and universities in Oregon through the work of an active AAUP-Oregon Committee A.
- Promote political action for the collective interests of affiliated chapters, as embodied in AAUP-Oregon objectives.
- Promote academic quality, AAUP principles, and higher education best practices through communications and public relations,.
- Coordinate strategy and activities that promote AAUP-Oregon objectives with other higher education groups, labor unions, and National AAUP.