The objectives of AAUP Oregon are as follows:
- Support the development of member chapters through member and leader training, consultation, and internal organizing.
- Support collective bargaining in affiliated chapters and collaborate when appropriate. Assist advocacy chapters in their pursuit of collective bargaining, if requested.
- Promote AAUP principles, policies, and best practices in colleges and universities in Oregon through the work of an active AAUP-Oregon Committee A.
- Promote political action for the collective interests of affiliated chapters, as embodied in AAUP-Oregon objectives.
- Promote academic quality, AAUP principles, and higher education best practices through communications and public relations,.
- Coordinate strategy and activities that promote AAUP-Oregon objectives with other higher education groups, labor unions, and National AAUP.